- This event has passed.
NYC Department of Small Business Services: Customized Training Q&A
September 21, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Customized Training is a competitive, reimbursable training grant available to New York City based businesses that are:
- in operation for at least one year
- able to pay for training upfront
This grant offers financial support to make training your staff more affordable. The right training can help your bottom line, reduce employee turnover, improve morale, promote an efficient and productive workforce, and increase your competitiveness in the marketplace.
You will identify the challenges your business is currently facing and select the trainings that address these challenges. You will get reimbursed up to 60% of the total training costs and receive a trainee completion credit for every trainee that completes training.
- Grants range from $30,000-$400,000
- Businesses must train at least 10 employees. *Businesses with less than 10 employees can apply jointly as a consortium application to meet the trainee requirement.
- Businesses pay for training costs up front and get reimbursed on a quarterly basis
- Employees can take different trainings
- Employees have one year to complete training
- Upon completion of training, businesses must provide wage increases to trainees