- This event has passed.
A Year of Asian Hate: Where Do We Go From Here?
April 6 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
In the midst of daily assaults against Asian Americans, it is critical that we understand why this violence is happening now so we can find solutions to reduce the violence.
Join the Asian American Federation and the Migrant Center for a discussion with community leaders about the factors that have contributed to the surge in attacks against Asian Americans and tangible ways we can create both immediate and long-term safety for Asian community members.
- Opening remarks by Noel Quintana, victim of anti-Asian attack
- Jo-Ann Yoo, Executive Director, Asian American Federation
- Dr. Kevin Nadal, Professor of Psychology, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Graduate Center at CUNY
- Rama Issa-Ibrahim, Deputy Public Advocate of Justice, Health Equity & Safety at the Office of the New York City Public Advocate (invited)
- Donnay Edmund, Community Upstander Coordinator, Center for Anti-Violence Education